Private Medical Insurance has a a number of underwriting options which allow for different medical and insurance circumstances.
Full Medical Underwriting
- Insurers look at a person’s full medical history
- Pre-existing conditions will typically be excluded
- Policy holder will have to fill out a medical questionnaire
- Addresses treatment/ symptoms/ consultations received in the last 5 years
- Pre-existing conditions will be excluded for 2 years
- If the policy holder is clear of related symptoms/ illness for 2 years insurers may reinstate the condition for cover
Different Moratorium wordings include:
Continued Medical Exclusions
- Only applies to those who already hold PMI
- If a policyholder moves insurer, certain insurers can continue cover using previous medical exclusions, subject to meeting acceptance criteria.
To find out more email us or call us on 0207 199 6612